- March 23, 2016
- Posted by: tourplus
There are a few public holidays known as ‘bayrams’ in North Cyprus, some of which have been inherited from Turkey and all of which carry very significant meaning.
- 1st January New year’s day
- 23rd April National Sovereignty and children’s day.
- 1st May Workers day, spring day.
- 19th May Youth and sports day.
- 20th July Peace and Freedom day
- 1st August Communal resistance day.
- 30th August Victory day.
- 29th October Turkish republic day.
- 15th November TRNC day
Date changes every year
- Ramazan Bayram-End of Ramazan – 3 days.
- Kurban Bayram-Feast of the sacrifice- 4 days.
- Birth of the prophet Mohammed-1 day